Adultfriendfinder - Ten Years Down the Tube

7 of 212 Adultfriendfinder reviews

I was a blogger on the site for 10 years and my blog was the most popular blog on the site for many of those years.Recently my account was banned and my blog was deleted by the site.

I believe those actions were taken because I spoke out in my blog about deceptive business practices such as allowing transsexual men to use female profiles, using ambassadors to attract new members and the use of a points for cash program which allows female members to earn cash for interacting (sending emails, camming, etc.) on the site. The ambassador program is structured so that female members write emails to new standard members on lists that are provided by the site on a daily basis. The emails are reviewed by the site before they are forwarded to the new members to ensure that they do not discuss the ambassador program or the fact that the women are receiving points for writing to them.

When the standard members receive the emails, the text is blurred so they are unable to read the emails unless they purchase a membership.

I recently started a new blog on Google and it appears that I am allowed more freedom of expression than what was allowed on AFF.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design
Coverage Area

• What I liked
    • People that i met
  • What I disliked
    • Business practices and unfair enforcement of the terms of use

Reason of review:
Quesionable Business Practices
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Blogs
Review category
Media
review #925367 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Adultfriendfinder? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 4 No 4
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
7 of 212 Adultfriendfinder reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 29 #1247605 Bogart, Georgia, United States

Sandra, I was one of the lucky ones and a year ago, I did find a nice lady, we are still together, She was also on the site for 5 years,I have been on the site for 5 years, patience is the key, company " plants" fake profiles, not proper disclosure of gender, has become the norm for the last year or more. also in last 6 months the amount of down time the site sees, loss of use of IM and chats for days..the inability to get issues corrected in a timely manner are just a few of the today's AFF issue.
Not sure that all know about all the parallel sites that use the AFF data under some of these other names:
HotMatch.com
AffairLink.com
FucknowMobile.com
and if you google any of the popular profile names you can find them on 30-40 other sites world wide. So we know that any information given to them is widely dispersed... Sandra, It was good to chat with you yesterday, I hope again soon somewhere... It is good to find you and again be entertained, educated, informed and our eyes filled with the beauty we have missed ...Ray

Nov 29 #1247779 Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Congratulations to you and the lucky lady! I feel lucky too since I made so many friends on the site and many are now real life friends too. One time I found a boyfriend, but the relationship ended years ago and now we are just best friends. I would like for it to be more than that, but he isn't open to dating anyone at this point in his life.
I agree that patience in the key. I fear that my profile will now be used to lure new members. Someone told me that he was recently presented with an ad to pay to see my Sexy_SandraD profile even though my account was deactivated around July or August of this year.
I think that allowing people to use profiles that do not match their gender is very deceptive. In addition to that, I noticed that straight people are not allowed to voice their views or preferences without retribution.
I experienced lots of issues with IM and chat. I had an issue with my blog header disappearing that had existed for maybe 6 month or longer and was unresolved when my account was deactivated by the site.
The sites that I am most familiar with are AFF, Xmatch and Passion, but I am aware that there are many more. I blogged about the parallel sites in my new blog. I explained that one of the reasons why some men assume that straight men are bi or *** is because they are listed on *** sites.
Ray I had a great time chatting with you and I hope that you will visit me at my new Google blog from time to time. If you don't want to chat
... Show more

Nov 29 #1247593 Bogart, Georgia, United States

I to am a current member of the AFF community and have several profiles on some of their sites, in the last year I have been approached by what I perceive as "company plants" to try to pull "points" ( which are directly related to MONEY) as of this date 29-Nov-16 there are at least 6-10 of these each week, It is so obvious that any one can spot these FAKE profiles... but not much has been done, the Pay for Play, as a lot call it has removed all but a very few real women on the site. It is a shame that such a nice working site has turned into chaos...
Sandra it is good to see you back, I and others missed you and your blogs..much less the scenery!!!! and again thanks for being my number one fan.....Ray

Nov 29 #1247632 Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Thanks Ray for sharing your observations and experience with the site. It is a shame that real women looking for sex or a relationship are so hard to find on that site now. It's used to be a great place to make connections.
It was great to see you again, but the site closed my account so now you will need to visit me on Google if you want to stay in touch. Just look for me under this name and you will find me.

Nov 11 #1239188 Seattle, Washington, United States

Hello Guy from AFF been wondering where you disappeared to? I firmly see everything you have discussed, and I see it clearly through many of there ways. Indeed actually connecting with someone on the site is surely an obstacle and difficult than what is promoted on the site. Miss you writing everything, you are one of the best, and deeply love the deep thoughts and writings. Hope you have a wonderful Happy Thanksgiving, GOD continue to blessed and encourage you everyday! sincerely, Jim

Nov 11 #1239236 Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Thanks for the sweet response and for confirming that what I shared is true. They are now sending emails to new members to notify them about the ambassador program even though they choose their words wisely and do not actually refer to it as the "ambassador program". The points for cash program is not discussed in that email message.
If you google my profile name, you will find my new blog. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving too. Hugs!

Bob

Oct 28 #1233109

Dating sites typically have more than a thousand men for each real female. This makes females a powerful lure to try to get alpha males to hand over their credit card digits.
Several sites secretly give women free accounts for this reason.
If the scammer dudes from Accra Ghana don't create enough fake women profiles, several sites create their own "shill" accounts used by staff or outsiders paid to chat up men to give them false hope of overcoming the numerical odds.
Do not forget the lessons that came out of the Ashley Madison ***, that when people deleted accounts they were not actually deleted, many accounts were staff run fakes called "shills" to make the site look better than it really was.
Lastly, despite all of the fakes, the ratio was still 1000 men to each female.
I would not trust any web site with my true accurate information like photo, street address, phone number or my credit card digits. It's just too insanely risky.

Nov 01 #1234789 Atlanta, Georgia, United States

You've made some excellent points.
The things that you've mentioned do not help people connect in the real world. The Rolling Stone article about spammers and bots that was published earlier this year was extremely enlightening. That info along with what I learned from personal experience gave me a new perception about sex dating sites. I'm skeptical that I will ever waste my time joining one again.

Oct 09 #1224553 Warsaw, Missouri, United States

I have had family health issues in the last few months and haven't had the time to log in and post on AFF, but I agree with you Sandra, AFF was a time bomb waiting to go off as they treated people differently and arbitrarily on what they posted. You know me better as the Hideeho and Erato6969 on AFF who posted almost nothing but pictures and cartoons. Long time blogger myself and they kicked me off 3 times for pictures that were not controversial.
Hope you are doing well, stay safe and good luck girl!

Oct 10 #1225009 Atlanta, Georgia, United States

I was wondering what happened to you. I wish the best for you and your family.
"AFF was a time bomb waiting to go off as they treated people differently and arbitrarily on what they posted."
I observed the same about how the TOU's are enforced. It sounds as if you were treated unfairly too.
I have a new blog on blogger and I'm using the same name. You can come there to blog if AFF kicks you off again. Hugs!

Oct 09 #1224296 Washington, Arkansas, United States

I remember some this in the #swinger #couples section for local #wife #swapping that I found via swinger-personal-ads.net, but I never new the outcome.

Oct 10 #1225001 Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Thanks for sharing your experience. This has turned me off to adult sites. Since AFF is suppose to be the best, the rest must be REALLY bad.

Oct 02 #1221421 Youngstown, Ohio, United States

More freedom? You showed every orifice on your body at AFF. How could any site offer your more freedom.
You had a problem with one TV/TG member who beat you at the #1 position. You didn't like it. You attacked her.
You have been #1 for MANY of those years? No, two of those years. There were many before you. You are just pixels on a page. There will be many after you.

2 5 Reply

Oct 04 #1222345 Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Still jealous? lol
Being the top blogger was never important to me so I'm not sure exactly how long I was the top blogger the second time, but I think it was from about sometime in 2010 through sometime in 2015. Regardless my blog was still more popular than others even when it was no longer the 1st on the list.
I didn't attack the trans guy on a personal level. I simply pointed out that he is using a female profile even though he has not had a gender change. Lots of members, including many of my straight friends, were being deceived.

3 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Adultfriendfinder. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Adultfriendfinder.
Filing a new complaint about
×